WIRE: Watchman Institute of Religious Evangelism
Through our Institute of Religious Evangelism we offer ongoing education in cult apologetics. Although the WIRE is open to anyone interested in an in-depth understanding of the cults, we particularly seek to train lay people and church staff who desire to be a ministry resource in their own local church.
Equipping people to be a resource for your church by…
- Leading ongoing cult education in Sunday School, Discipleship Training, Small Groups, etc..
- Providing follow-up evangelism to those in cults, including friends and family members of those in your congregation.
- Networking with other individuals and churches to develop a strategy for ongoing ministry to the cults.
- Mormonism (Joseph Smith; Book of Mormon; Mormon beliefs).
- Jehovah's Witnesses (Watchtower authority; false prophecies; beliefs).
- Other aberrant Christian-based groups (e.g., Adventism, Armstrongism).
- Defending the Christian View of the Bible (translation, sole authority).
- Defending the Christian View of God (nature of God; the Trinity).
- Defending the Christian Gospel (Christ's death, resurrection, grace, faith).
- Before the New Age Movement (Eastern religions, paganism, occultism).
- The New Age Movement (meaning and influence; biblical response).
- Fringes of the New Age Movement (e.g., Scientology, UFO cults, Wicca).
- Non-Christian new religions (e.g., Baha'i, Nation of Islam, Hare Krishna's).
- Christian-based news religions (e.g., the Moonies, The Family).
- Heretical forms of Pentecostalism (Oneness Pentecostalism; the Word-Faith Movement).
- Advanced studies of Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, the New Age Movement and the Word-Faith Movement.